Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nature of the Beast

So apparently this blog has become the blog-every-school-night blog instead of the blog-every-day blog. Which, isn't the worst thing in the world. Maybe it's not what I planned, but it works. And hey! I was busy this weekend. With being out until 3AM on Friday night, my family coming up and visiting on Saturday for lunch, and kinnecting like a beast on Saturday night with Chris, Emily, and Nic (although more with Chris than Nic and Emily because they were working on homework) my weekend has been pretty full. Which is frightening for my homework situation as I have a lot of it.

Which means that this post is going to be short and another one of those "OMG my LIFE IS ALL HOMEWORK" posts, but that's the nature of my life at the moment.

I did have an interesting conversation with this girl I work with about what a nerd is supposed to look like (she's into a lot of nerdy stuff too). Like, I'll tell someone I'm really really into video games (like Halo/Mass Effect/etc) and they'll be really surprised. Like I don't look like the kind of person that would be into something like that. Plus, there's that thing with me being a girl? But then, there's people I talk to and interact with frequently enough and I'm incredibly surprised when they reveal they're into some nerdy thing. So obviously it works both ways, but I think it's interesting.

WTWA: This is actually from yesterday, but I'm deciding it counts. Did you know there's a game in Kinnect Adventures where you fly in a zero gravity environment to pop bubbles by flapping your arms? I'm not sure why, but that is why today (yesterday) was awesome. Because kinnect games are ridiculous and amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you D:
    I need to not work so much so that I can see you.

    ReplyDelete